Newly qualified CEPs reinforce Global Shares business strategy to “redefine equity management”
Access to ‘Qualified’ equity professionals is an invaluable asset to anyone who deals with equity compensation administration.
What are the benefits of working with a ‘Qualified’ compensation equity professional?
- Enhanced knowledge in the core disciplines of equity compensation: Accounting, Equity Plan Design, Analysis and Administration, Corporate and Securities Law and Taxation
- Trained to anticipate legal, tax and accounting issues before they become a problem – saving time, legal fees and mental angst!
- Increased confidence to handle complex queries
- More integrated understanding of factors influencing the daily administration of an Employee Stock Plan
- Better understanding of the more complex aspects of the equity world e.g. Securities Laws, Financial Reporting
- Loyalty & longevity – Investing in staff certification encourages employees to stay longer with their employing Company, where they are greatly valued and in turn compensated for their expertise
The Certified Equity Professional Institute (CEPI) in California provides a rigorous self-study certification course over 3 levels (basic, intermediate and advanced), tailor made for the equity compensation industry. It offers excellent networking opportunities to build rapport and connections within the global equity industry and, crucially, it ensures that Certified Equity Professionals (CEPs) keep pace with changes in the industry as they are required to complete 30 hours of continuing education every two years to maintain their accreditation.
Certification is a core part of the Global Shares recruitment, training and ongoing development process and we would like to congratulate our 2 latest fully qualified CEP designates.
Brietta Crispie and Karen Mortimer recently passed their Advanced Level 3 exams, adding to the growing pool of Global Shares CEPs.
‘Our Staff are a key industry advantage for Global Shares. They go through an internal training program which includes them becoming CEP qualified. One of the things we are really proud of is the constant feedback we get from all our clients with respect to our Staff, who are extremely dedicated and will always go that extra mile to provide a superior level of service. In our view certification is an excellent investment for the personal development of our Employees and ensures we offer the best possible service to our Clients. The expertise and focus that comes from the CEP qualification helps us to drive our mission in redefining equity management in the global arena’.
Tim Houstoun – CEO, Global Shares
Do you have a question for the Global Shares team?
Please don’t hesitate to contact us!
Global Shares is a market-leading provider of outsourced share plan administration services and highly innovative web based software for companies equity administration and financial reporting. With offices in London, New York, California and Ireland, we work with public and private companies listed on multiple exchanges with participants in 100+ countries. Our next generation software products and services are created 100% in-house by our IT team and are renowned for their high quality, flexibility and reliability. Global Shares success is attributed to its refreshing client-centric approach to the equity plan industry, its fully-customizable products and its sharp-minded Team of experienced Compensation Professionals. This Company has shaped its business for major expansion in the coming years as it rolls out its new first class Software, Administration and Financial Products to global markets. For more information please visit our website www.globalshares.com.