If you’re attending SHRM19, you’ll know by now that it kicks off on Sunday, June 23rd. This gives you the perfect opportunity to head there a couple of days early and make the most of a weekend in Sin City.
Las Vegas in June is awesome. The weather isn’t deathly desert hot – but it’s certainly warm and temperatures could even hit triple digits. Typically, though, at this time of year, it’s much more manageable and in the mid 80s – but don’t forget to pack the sunscreen.
Another great thing about heading to Vegas in June is that it’s just before peak tourist season. The crowds are way more manageable and it will definitely be easier to get tables in restaurants or tickets to the best shows than in the height of summer. Don’t get us wrong, though. Vegas is a happening city and one of the most happening tourist spots in the world, with 42 million visitors every year. It’s not going to be quiet.
VEGAS TOP PICKS
You’re definitely not going to be bored in Vegas but one thing you could be is confused: what’s the best show, or where should you eat or go for cocktails. We’ve done our homework and here are our top picks to make sure the run up to SHRM19 is a great one.
- When it comes to shows, it doesn’t get much better than Vegas for quality, variety and sheer quantity. So which one should you go for? There are dozens to choose from and it also depends on what you like. If you’re into music, Khalid, Robbie Williams, Aerosmith, Hootie and the Blowfish and Boyz II Men are just some of the artists playing gigs that weekend. There are a ton of places online where you can buy tickets. Shop around for the best deal.
- Vegas wouldn’t be Vegas without an epic spectacle and Absinthe has consistently been reviewed as the best that Vegas has to offer. It’s got all the visualpunch but with added humor, raunchiness and more. Be warned, though: it’s not for the faint hearted or prudish. Absinthe is on at the Spiegeltent at the Roman Plaza at Caesar’s Palace on both Friday and Saturday nights at 8pm and 10pm. If you’re turning the SHRM19 conference into a family vacation, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is showing at The Smith Theater and has various daytime showings.
- One of the things about Vegas is that you can get alcohol pretty much anywhere and bars are usually located inside hotels and casinos, where you don’t know whether it’s night or day. The Mirage hotel has a notable exception in Rhumbar. This cocktail bar and cigar lounge has a large open-air patio with live music, DJs, an extensive cocktail menu and a rocking view of the Strip.
- You’ll be spoiled for choice when it comes to good breakfasts in Vegas but you should definitely try The Original Sunrise Café. Fantastic coffee, delicious pancakes with maple whipped cream and the most deliciously creamy eggs benedict. It’s open daily from 7am to 3pm at 8975 South Eastern, Suite 5. www.originalsunrisecafe.com
- If you’re looking for delicious lunch without breaking the bank, look no further than Estiatorio Milos at the Cosmopolitan Hotel and Casino for a three-course feast for $29. It’s got amazing service in a beautiful setting and the variety on offer is excellent. Choose from a set list of appetizers, entrees and three delicious desserts. The crab cakes and sea bream are to die for. Lunch is from noon to 2.30pm. For the best pizza try Settebello at 140 Green Valley Parkway. www.settebello.net. The Steakhouse at Circus Circus is also not to be missed – and it has a bring your own wine policy too.
Global Shares is an employee equity management company and we’ll be at SHRM19 – come talk to us at booth 1010 or click here for more information about how we can help. Our team has grown by more than 300 per cent over the past three years, to more than 250 staff in 11 offices across the globe. We specialize in helping companies attract, retain and engage top talent. Talk to us today about setting up a simple way to manage your employee stock plans. We’d love to help you grow alongside us.