Global Shares was delighted to be Official Sponsor of the 2015 Irish ProShare Association Annual Conference!
This year’s IPSA conference took place on October 8th in the Morrison Hotel, Dublin, and is the only national event for Irish businesses that are already employee owned or are considering employee ownership.
Well-known media broadcaster Conaill O’ Morain was Moderator on the day:
The conference presentations covered several stages along the journey to employee ownership from start-up, to growth and to succession. Delegates came from established and aspiring employee owned organisations to network and to learn from and share anecdotes and insights with other employee owners and industry experts.
- We heard from up and coming start-up Grid Finance about their journey to becoming employee-owned
- Global Shares‘ Brian Purcell shared the global experience of employee participation
- 100% Irish employee-owned company Each&Other recounted their story on the challenges they faced and overcame to becoming totally employee-owned
- Jeremy Bruden from Capital4Colleagues told us how C4C came to be involved in and finance the employee ownership of Dublin based company Total Pipeline Specialists
- And Iain Hasdell ex-CEO of the UK’s hugely successful Employee Ownership Association, joined us via Skype to share with the conference what Ireland can learn from the achievements in the UK
Our thanks to all at IPSA for putting together such an insightful line up of conference speakers & topics. The conference put the spotlight on employee ownership in the Irish market in a very engaging way using real-life Irish experiences and successes from beyond our shores.
Many lessons were learned, especially from the closing presentation by Iain Hasdell. The EOA‘s achievements showed that with the right focus and business approach that Ireland can replicate the huge positive economic spin-off that the UK and other economies are now generating from employee ownership.
To date the efforts of the Irish ProShare Association have raised substantial awareness of employee equity compensation & its benefits across all industry types in Ireland. As the official Irish advocates for employee financial involvement IPSA will continue to champion, promote and lobby the government on the significant potential of employee share ownership for the Irish economy in the year ahead.
For more information on the IPSA Annual Conference 2015 or to discuss software solutions for employee share plans please reach out to Global Shares via our website www.globalshares.com or via the link below.
Do you have a question for the Global Shares team?
Please don’t hesitate to contact us!