Global Shares is delighted to sponsor the Irish ProShare Association annual Jack Fitzpatrick Lecture, which welcomes the captivating speaker David Erdal to Ireland to speak about his lifelong passion for employee ownership.
Win a copy of David Erdal’s best-selling book!
Beyond the Corporation. Humanity Working – by David Erdal
‘…powerfully marshals the case for employee-owned companies… looks like being one of the most influential business books of the year‘
– The Scotsman
‘THE book on employee ownership’
– David Ellerman, retired adviser to the Chief Economist at the World Bank
How to enter?
Simply email ‘I want to win David Erdal’s book!’ in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org from your company email address with your name, contact number and country before COB on November 23rd and the winner will be picked by Gill Brennan, IPSA CEO, on November 24th!
Date: Thursday, 24th November 2016
Venue: The Spencer Hotel, Excise Walk, Dublin 1
Time: 17:00 – 19:00 GMT
Book tickets here now! Tickets are €35 and space is limited so book your place now!
Why Erdal urges the spread of employee ownership in business?
Treat people as servants, as most companies do, and they behave like servants, David Erdal demonstrates. They work with less than full commitment, and achieve far less than they could.
Treat them as partners, sharing information, wealth and influence — including electing the board and the CEO — and they perform out of their skins. Their working lives become more productive, their companies do better, and they themselves become happier.
More about David Erdal
David Erdal is a global advocate for employee ownership. Having led his family’s 1,500-employee papermill business into all-employee ownership, he went on to help dozens of businesses make that transformation and advised companies in Slovenia, China, Zimbabwe and South Africa. His book Beyond the Corporation: Humanity Working argues passionately, illuminated by examples from around the world, that employee-ownership is the way forward. The book has been praised by economists, businessmen, journalists, academics and also by the literary editor of the Scotsman, who made it his business book of 2011.
As the Irish advocacy body for employee share ownership, IPSA has played a critical role in lobbying the government on the significance of employee share ownership for the Irish economy. The efforts of the organisation have raised substantial awareness of employee equity compensation & its benefits across all industry types. For more information please visit the IPSA website.
About Global Shares
Global Shares is a leading global provider of equity compensation management solutions, with over one million users on our platform in over 100 countries. We develop highly specialised cloud-based software solutions as well as offering administration and share trading services to corporate clients to manage their employee share plans. Our client listing includes some of the largest and well-known companies in the world who use equity compensation to attract and retain a top class employee base. Established 10 years ago we employ 110 staff and have offices in Ireland, London, Lisbon, New York, California and Brazil. Our Software has set a new benchmark for the global share plan administration industry. The company is forecast to grow substantially in 2016 and beyond. For further information please visit www.globalshares.com
For more information:
Global Shares Marketing & Public Relations Department
E: email@example.com; T: +353 (0)23 8833 062; www.globalshares.com
IPSA: Gill Brennan, CEO Irish ProShare Association
Contact Global Shares!
If you would like to discuss software solutions for your employee share plans please reach out to Global Shares: Contact us!
Follow our Blog and Social Media Pages:
Global Shares General Competition Terms and Conditions
- These terms and conditions apply to all competitions run by Global Shares unless otherwise stated.
- Competition ends: Close of Business, Wed 23rd November 2016
- In order to enter any competition, customers must correctly undertake the task set or answer the question correctly as the case may be. Competitions are only open to those people identified as being permitted to enter or requested to enter as the case may be. Competitions are not open to Global Shares employees, agents, contractors or sub-contractors – or their families
- Customers entering any competition will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
- Entries must be strictly in accordance with these terms and conditions and any other conditions in the messaging or promotions around such competition or they will be invalid. One entry is permitted per person.
- Global Shares accepts no responsibility or liability for entries or information relating to entries that are lost.
- An independent judge will pick the winning entry or entries at random from valid entries received. The decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Any prize is as stated in any messaging or promotions advertising such competition. No cash or other alternative will be offered and prizes are non-transferable.
- Global Shares reserves the right at its sole discretion to alter any prize or substitute the prize with cash to the same value for any reason and without notification. In the event that the winner declines the prize awarded to him/her or Global Shares is unable to contact the winner after reasonable efforts have been made, Global Shares may award the prize to another entrant, selected at random.
- By accepting the prize, the winner grants Global Shares the right to use and publish his/her name and picture in such media as Global Shares may choose (including but not limited to the internet) for advertising and promotional purposes without additional consideration.
- Global Shares is excluded from liability for any loss, damage or injury which might occur to the winner or any other person with whom the winner shares or gives the prize.
- All entrants will be automatically signed up to Global Shares Marketing Email Updates. Should you wish to be removed from the contact list, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Global Shares reserves the right to suspend or terminate the competition or amend these terms and conditions at any time for any valid, technical or commercial reason.