SHRM19 is jam-packed full of networking opportunities, talks, meetings and learning. The days are long, and you’ll be hearing lots of info from experts and thought leaders. More than likely, you’ll need a caffeine hit at some point over the course of your days there. So here, we’ve come up with our favorite spots for getting work done, impromptu meetings or just a timeout away from the hustle and bustle of the conference.
- Sambalatteat Boca Park, 3750 S Rampart Blvd, is the perfect place to have a relaxing coffee break. The décor is so chilled out and it’s spread over two floors so it’s great for group meetings or catchups. Open from 7am until 10pm on Friday and Saturday nights and until 8pm on weeknights, this place is a dream. And with Nutella lattes on the menu, you can’t really go wrong. It’s even got nightly entertainment.
- If you’re looking for great coffee and bite to eat, Public Us is a great bet. Check out their smashed avotoast or breakfast burritos and their poached eggs are to die for. Their specialty coffee is super tasty, too. Located at 1126 Fremont St, this place has a great chilled out vibe with a distinct European feel. The great thing about Public Us is that it caters for everyone – so whether you’re vegan, gluten intolerant or a meat lover, there will be something delicious on the menu to tempt you.
- Serenade Coffee Bar and Dessert at 7920 S Rainbow Blvd Ste 100 is divine if you’re looking for a sugar fix along with your caffeine hit. Peaches and cream hot chocolate, honey toast, ice-cream sundaes and croissants are just some of the deliciousness on offer. Serenade is located in a shopping center so it’s the perfect spot for quiet meetups away from the chaos of the strip.
- Sunrise Coffee at 3130 E Sunset Road is the longest running independent coffee shop in Las Vegas. A mecca for fans of vegan and vegetarian food, this café boasts organic and fair trade coffee offerings and a really laid back vibe. Expect to see lots of locals chilling out here.
- When it comes to oldies but goodies, Omelet House at 2160 West Charleston is right up there. Open since 1978, this is old school at its best and somewhere you’ll find great bang for your buck. Homemade pumpkin and banana bread and the fluffiest omelets in town with every filling imaginable. The coffee’s not bad either.
Global Shares is an employee equity management company. Our team has grown by more than 300 per cent over the past three years, to more than 250 staff in 11 offices across the globe. We specialize in helping companies attract, retain and engage top talent. Talk to us today about setting up a simple way to manage your employee stock plans. We’d love to help you grow alongside us. Come see us at booth 1010 at SHRM19 and we can go grab a coffee, or click here for more information on how we can help.