Commitment to Certified Equity Professionals’ Institute reinforces Global Shares strategy to redefine equity management.
The Certified Equity Professional Institute (CEPI) in California provides a rigorous self-study certification course over 3 levels which are tailor-made for the equity compensation industry.
It offers excellent networking opportunities to build rapport and connections within the global equity industry. Crucially it ensures that Certified Equity Professionals (CEPs) keep pace with changes in the industry as they are required to complete 30 hours of continuing education every two years to maintain their accreditation.
What are the benefits of working with a CEPI compensation equity professional?
- Enhanced knowledge in the core disciplines of equity compensation: Accounting, Equity Plan Design, Analysis and Administration, Corporate and Securities Law, and Taxation
- Trained to anticipate legal, tax and accounting issues before they become a problem; saving time, legal fees and mental angst
- Increased confidence to handle complex queries
- Integrated understanding of factors influencing the daily administration of an Employee Stock Plan
- Better understanding of the more complex aspects of the equity world e.g. Securities Laws, Financial Reporting
Certification is a core part of the Global Shares recruitment and training development process.
‘Our Staff are a key industry advantage for Global Shares. They go through an internal training program which includes them becoming CEP qualified. One of the things we are really proud of is the constant feedback we get from all our clients with respect to our staff, who are extremely dedicated and will always go that extra mile to provide a superior level of service. In our view, certification is an excellent investment for the personal development of our Employees and ensures we offer the best possible service to our Clients. The expertise and focus that comes from the CEP qualification help us to drive our mission in redefining equity management in the global arena’.
Tim Houstoun – CEO, Global Shares