Enterprise Management Incentive (EMI) schemes are quickly becoming one of the most popular ways for emerging companies to attract and retain the best talent out there. Setting up a successful scheme, however, takes careful preparation and planning.
We at Global Shares have gone down this road with clients many times and thus can provide you with all that you need to know about how to set up an EMI scheme for the first time.
From the initial actions required on your part, all the way through to launching the scheme and formally registering it with HMRC, we go through the six steps you need to take.
In this eBook, we’ll look at:
- Establishing the eligibility of your company and employees
- Designing the scheme
- Filing for valuation with HMRC
- Establishing the employee share pool and obtaining the necessary corporate authorization
- Granting the first round of options
- Registering the scheme with HMRC